It’s time for an easy backyard makeover to impress your Christmas guests.
An Aussie Christmas just wouldn’t be the same without the backyard. With only 7 weeks until Christmas, it’s time to start thinking about how you can get your yard ready to impress your guests. Even if you aren’t lucky enough to be nominated to host Christmas this year, Summer time is always full of backyard entertaining.
Here’s 8 simple tips on how you can give your backyard an easy makeover in time for Christmas and all your Summer BBQ’s;
- At least 3 weeks before Christmas, plant a herb garden. Maximise the flavours in all your favourite Christmas dishes with fresh herbs like parsley, chives, coriander and rosemary.
- Green up your lawn with some fertiliser. Give it a mow and tidy those edges. If your lawn has disappeared, over-sow with some grass seed or use mulch or gravel to cover the area for a quick fix.
- Sharpen up your plants. Snip off dead flowers, leaves and branches. Pull out any weeds and dead plants.
- Spread mulch around in garden beds and anywhere else that looks bare. This will not only give your yard a face lift but will also benefit your garden over the summer months.
- Liven up those dull areas and add some colour with potted plants. Head to your local nursery and keep an eye out for plants with lots of buds instead of opened flowers.
- Tidy up any rubbish and put anything lying around back in storage or your shed.
- Clean your outdoor furniture, your barbeque and pavers or outdoor tiles. And don’t forget to refill your gas bottle.
- Enjoy and celebrate the day in your own beautiful backyard with your very impressed family and friends.