General purpose non-shrink grout
WHERE TO USE
Recommended for grouting voids in structural elements such as: patching up honeycombs in concrete, filling gaps in precast elements, and grouting base plates and bridge bearings.
Some application examples
• Anchoring of mechanical equipments.
• Anchoring of steel bars.
• Filling of rigid joints between elements in concrete and precast concrete structures.
• Execution of underpinning.
• Pressure grouting of concrete structures.
• Grouting of machine baseplates, bridge bearings.
• Concrete repair.
Mapefill GP is a preblended powdered grout based on high strength cement, graded aggregates with 1 mm diameter and special additives with an expansive agent formulated by MAPEI research laboratories. When mixed with water Mapefill GP is transformed into a very highly fluid grout without segregation that is able to fill intricate spaces.
Mapefill GP, due to its expansive agent, is characterized by a total absence of shrinkage in the plastic (ASTM C827) and hardened phase, and develops early flexural and compressive strength.
Mapefill GP also has the following qualities:
• excellent impermeability to water;
• excellent adhesion to rebars and concrete;
• excellent resistance to dynamic mechanical stress;
• modulus of elasticity and thermal expansion coefficient similar to those of high-quality concrete;
• Mapefill GP does not contain metallic aggregates;
Mapefill GP meets all the main requirements defined by EN 1504-9 (“Products and systems for the protection and repair of concrete structures; definitions, requirements, quality control and conformity assessment. General principles for the use of products and systems”) and the minimum requirements claimed by EN 1504-6 (“Anchoring steel reinforcement”).
• Do not add cement or additives to Mapefill GP.
• Do not add water when the mix begins to set.
• Do not use Mapefill GP if the bag is damaged or has already been opened.
• Do not apply Mapefill GP at temperatures below +5°C.
Fresh grout can be removed from tools with water. After curing, cleaning becomes very difficult and can only be done mechanically.
Every 25 kg bag of Mapefill GP can yield 13-14 litres of grout.