Pure, mould-resistant, acetic, silicone sealant available in 34 colours and transparent.
WHERE TO USE
Mapesil AC is an acetic-crosslinking silicone sealant suitable for sealing glass, ceramic and anodised aluminium.
After first having used a bonding enhancer, Primer FD can also be used on concrete, wood, metal, painted surfaces, plastic and rubber.
Mapesil AC is used for:
• Sealing expansion joints of ± 25% expansion of the initial size.
• Forming a perfectly elastic gasket between different elements in building, mechanical engineering, shipbuilding, automobile, manufacturing, etc.
Some application examples
• Sealing joints in wall and floor coverings of ceramic and cement, provided they are not subject to heavy abrasion.
• Sealing joints between sinks or sanitary ware and ceramic tiles in kitchens, bathrooms and showers with colours coordinated with the grouts.
• Sealing expansion joints in swimming pools.
• Assembling compositions of glass tiles and artistic stained glass windows.
• Sealing glazing of door and window frames.
• Sealing air ducts, water pipes.
• Sealing portholes, windows, glazed frames.
• Sealing tanks, service pipes and boilers.
• Sealing materials of different thermal exposure coefficient.
• Adhesive and sealant for general use.